Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Papers

I believe that most of the strength in my writing has to do a lot with my creativity and and my ability to describe things. I think the dominant impression really helped me with this. All of my papers flow I think is the main thing and in all but the research paper I described things in great detail. Grammar is the number one thing that I need to improve in my papers specifically in my word choices and commas. It really helps me to print off a copy of my paper and try and grade it like I think a teacher would.
I use the method that Dave said most teachers do in the begining of the semester. Start at a 4.0 and work up and down based on errors that are made in the paper. In my research paper before I handed it in I changed the word suck to such something that a spell check will not fix. Most of it is grammar errors that can be cought by carefully reading through the paper. In terms of the writing process there would be a lot of things that I would do differently when it comes to the writing process. Including what was already mentioned like printing a copy off to revise. I also like to have someone else look through my paper before I do my corrections so I have extra knowledge.
I know now that I have to write in a dead silent environment otherwise my writing suffers. I make more errors and forget good points that I want to mention when I have a lot of noise around me. For the reflection and the this I believe paper I feel that this was a big factor for me. Overall I fell like I am much better at writing than when I started at the begining of the semester, I used the tips and writing tricks that were given to us and countered on them.

No comments: