Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Greatest Fear

My greatest fear is one that is common to many people. I have the fear of failure. This may not be obvious because of my high self confidence. I feel like I always am looking over my shoulder thinking about some way that I'm going to mess things up in my life, whether it be in college or at work. In college I think I'm going to mess up a test and then not be able to get the job I want in life. In work I don't want to mess up b/c if I do then I lose my job and then I won't be able to pay for college. The fear of failure, oh what a wonderful thing! I think this fear also motivates me to do better. It makes me more prepared for things and more aware of what is going on in my life.

I also fear rejection. I don't want people to think of me as not good enough for them, or for them to turn away completely. Sometimes I wonder what others are thinking of me. I try not to show it worries me but at the same time it does. I don't understand this one thing. How can someone be so confident but self conscious at the same time?

No comments: